Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 6 cups unbleached white flour, or a combination of half white, half whole wheat
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon, ground
- 6 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups canola oil
- 5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups zucchini, finely grated
- 2 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter or spray with vegetable spray and flour 4 (8½ X 4½ X 2½ inch) loaf pans and set aside.
- Using a food processor, grate the zucchini until it is fine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat eggs in an another large bowl, preferably with a stand mixer, or a hand-held mixer. Add sugar, canola oil and vanilla and mix again until blended well. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Add grated zucchini and mix, scraping down sides of bowl once or twice.
- Using a large rubber spatula, fold in the flour mixture until it is all combined and there are no dry ingredients left in the bottom of the bowl.
- Fold in the walnuts or pecans.
- Spread batter into the 4 prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (60 minutes) or until knife comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes and then gently remove them from the pans and let cool completely on wire racks before wrapping and freezing.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Makes 4 regular size zucchini breads. Enjoy!!!